Adlerhorst Expert Witness Introduction
- Importing Dogs with comprehensive prior training, reducing training time from several months to 4 to 6 weeks.
- A comprehensive written standard for entry level and re certification for Police Service Dogs.
- Wrote, and P.O.S.T. adopted the first State recognized Canine course in 1984. A P.O.S.T plan 2 24 hour course, still in place today.
- The first to be retained as an expert in the use and training of Police Service Dogs.
- Perhaps the only expert to demonstrate a call off and guard & bark in front of a jury
A list of Agencies that have retained David Reaver as a Court qualified expert follows this introduction.
Currently qualified in Superior and Federal Courts
- New Mexico
While Mr. Reaver has been retained in over 75 cases, not all have gone to trial. However, every case presented to a Jury has resulted in a verdict in our favor. This includes both Civil and Criminal cases.
The 9th circuit has created case law in 3 Canine cases to date:
- Vera Cruz v Escondido.
- Smith v Hemet
- Lowry v San Diego
Vera Cruz and Lowry ruled in our favor with excellent comments from the Court. Mr. Reaver was retained as an expert in all 3 cases. Smith v Hemet somewhat negated our Vera Cruz decision. Mr. Reaver was not retained in Smith v Hemet!!
Because of our success over the last 40 years there have been a decrease in court challenges!
Our primary opponents Cook & Mann seem to have sought other opponents, and Steven Yagman went to prison, and lost his law license. Our 9th circuit is considered the most hostile toward law enforcement in the Country…. Yet it is the only circuit with positive Canine cases leading to case law. Mr. Reaver is still very active in representing our extremely positive asset to law enforcement, and our citizens. For more information or meeting to discuss potential liability call our Office or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Arizona Department of Public Safety|
|California Department of Corrections|
|California Highway Patrol|
|Contra Costra County|
|Escondido||9th Circuit case law "Vera Cruz v Escondido|
|Kern County Sheriff|
|King County Washington|
|Kooteni County, Idaho|
|Los Angeles City|
|Los Angeles County Sheriff|
|San Diego PD||9th Circuit case law "Lowry v San Diego"|
|San Diego Sheriff|
|Spokane County, Washinton|