What is this course about?
This 16 hour course ensures that K9 detection teams maintain all the skills necessary to successfully locate and alert any scent in various situations.
Topics to be covered:
- Searching for odors in an apartment, house, or building with misleading scents
- Searching for odors in an animal stall, barn, or similar area
- Searching for odors in darkened or low light conditions
- Searching for odors with cleaning items, such as mops and vacuums, as distractions
- Searching for odors on passenger and commercial vehicles: inside, outside, and under the vehicles
- Searching for odors in one of many parcels
- Searching for a minimum of 15 minutes before locating one odor to show endurance
- Searching an area with no odor; a blank search
- Searching a vehicle with no odor; a blank search
Areas will be set up to allow for re-certification of:
- Other odors, as needed (Please call before class to ensure we have everything ready for your re-certification.)
Register now.Enroll Now